- Guided Tours
- Walking Tours
- Florence at night
- Discount Cards
- City Passes
Classic Vespa Tour of Florence and its Countryside
$101,47 $90,79Order Now
Experience the beautiful Florence while riding a Vespa through the city center and the landscape!
Upon your arrival, it will be held a short briefing with our small group of new friends, in which you will be introduced about the itinerary and how to ride on the roads. After wearing the helmet you can enjoy your ride on the mythic “Italian two wheels”, discovering rare City corners, breathtaking views, ancient hamlets and unforgettable landscapes offering you a great opportunity for a fantastic “photographic adventure”! After riding through the “Oltrarno” quarter, the most characteristic and authentic City’s side, we ride along the sinuous road up to the hill which dominates the Piazzale Michelangelo, where you can enjoy the most astonishing and spectacular view of Florence, where you visit “San Miniato al Monte”, the wonderful Romanesque Basilica of the year 1000, preserving great art treasures. After having taken beautiful pictures as “post cards”, we keep moving forward, riding to the Chianti Region, letting us cradle by the sinuous curves across the gentle hills of the famous Tuscan countryside, in the peace of the nature, kissed by the sun and caressed by the wind. Once arrived at the small Chianti hamlet, we have a stop at the characteristic organic farm, where we can taste an delicious and organic wine tasting, extra virgin olive oil and cheese, all own-growing organic products.
These typical Chianti products are made without any synthetic fertilizers, using the same processing methods which were used by our grandparents and this really makes the difference in taste. After the products tasting and the visit of the farm-estate, we ride again enjoying along the “Chiantigiana road” which is renown and famous for its landscapes of unspeakable beauty, surrounded by gentle hills, parish churches, castles and villas, spotted by vineyards and olive tree groves whose genuine products make famous in the world this beautiful corner of Tuscany. Riding along the cypress tree –lined road, we get to another hamlet laid down on a splendid hill, which is famous for the “Tuscan Cotto tile”, a popular high –quality material used for roofs, walls and floors of many houses. Here we visit the typical square flanked by a Renaissance balusters and round arched loggias and the suggestive Basilica of the XI century. While returning to Florence, once again we can enjoy a wonderful panorama along the road, the best way to end this fantastic experience, riding the legendary and original Italian scooter “Vespa”
- Explore the city by the mythic "Italian two wheels",
- Oltrarno quarter,
- Piazze Michelangelo,
- San Miniato al Monte,
- Delicious and organic wine tasting, extra virgin olive oil and cheese
- Vespa and helmet rental,
- English professional guide throughout the tour,
- Wine tasting and typical products,
- Insurance of the driver and transported,
- Gasoline and taxes.
Departure: November 2016 and March 2017: at 10:30 am
From April 2017 to October 2017: at 09:30 am
Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins!
November 2016 and March 2017: at 10:00 am - Central location in Florence
April 2017-October 2017 - 09:00 - Central location in Florence
Duration: 4 hours
- The minimum age to drive is 20 years old. A valid car licence and previous driving experience on a Vespa, scooter or motorcycle are required. A motorbike licence is not essential. International driving licence is required for participants from the following world areas: Middle East and Arab countries, Africa and North Africa, China, India, South America, Eastern Europe. The tour leader reserves the right at his or her absolute discretion to terminate without notice and liability the participation of any rider who is unable to ride the Vespa safely. In such a case no refund will be due. The Tour is provided also in case of light rain or uncertain weather conditions, it may be cancelled in case of bad weather and a change of date or full refund will be offered. Not available for children under the age of 12.
- Two participants per each Vespa.
- The tour is available in English only
$101,47 Save $10,68